Everyone will be racing to get a bite of this!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of an 8-inch by 8-inch baking or casserole dish.
- Spread undrained, canned beans on top of cream cheese.
- Drain canned tomatoes, and combine with garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Spoon on top of beans.
- Sprinkle with shredded or sliced block cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, celery, carrots, or your favorite vegetable.
- “Minced” means to cut or grind into very small pieces.
- If you use USDA block cheese, do not try to grate it. Cube so it melts easily.
- Healthier low-fat, reduced-fat, and low-sodium options for cream cheese, cheese and beans can be used within this recipe.
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 15-ounce can of white, red, garbanzo or black beans; undrained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 4 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (or 1/2 cup onion, chopped)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups or 1/4 of the block of USDA block cheese, cubed)*
This recipe contains milk.
*If you are allergic to milk-based cheese, try soy-based cheese or other dairy-free alternatives.
Cut Down on Choking:
This recipe is not recommended for kids under the age of 4.