View PA NEN's collection of resources on food access and food safety during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Find food assistance help using United Way: 211
- People looking for food assistance can call the WHY Hunger Hotline at 1-800-5-HUNGRY or visit their website.
- Use Community Resources Connect for food assistance information in your area.
- Food Assistance Locator from the Central PA Food Bank
- Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital Region Food Assistance Information
- York County Food Bank Food Distribution Information
- Philly Food Finder Map
- Food Pantry Locator in the Philadelphia Region from the Coalition Against Hunger
- Free Meals List in Philadelphia
- CityTeam Updated Program Hours & Closures
- List of Hot Meal Sites and Food Providers from the Chester County Food Bank. View the interactive map of food distribution sites on their website.
- Food Resources Locator, Grab & Go Meals for Kids, and a Food Distribution List from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Pantry Locations & Distribution Times from the Greater Washington County Food Bank
- Find a Pantry Resource from Westmoreland County Food Bank, Inc.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest PA Agency Locator
School Meals During Closures:
- Susquehanna Township School Closure Free Meal Program
- Harrisburg School District Free Meals for Students
- Philadelphia Schools Offering Free Meals
- Find Free Meals for Kids in the Philadelphia Area while Schools are Close
- Recreation Centers Open Offering Free Meals for Students 18 and under
- List of Schools in Southeastern Pennsylvania Providing Meals during School Closures
- Delaware County Upper Darby School District School Meals Program
- Adams County School Meal Information
- Lancaster County School Meals
Grocery Stores & Restaurants:
- Central PA restaurants offering free meals for kids 12 and under
- PA grocery stores adjusting hours for seniors to shop during COVID-19 pandemic
- Food Planning during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Start Simple with MyPlate - Handout
- Get a Personalized MyPlate Food Plan
- Download the MyPlate App to Start Setting Simple Goals for Healthy Eating
- Looking for recipe inspiration for your kids? View our Easy & Healthy Recipes for Kids HERE!
- Find creative ways to use canned or dried beans. View our Beans, Beans, and More Beans Recipe Book HERE!
- Quick Tuna Casserole Recipe
- One Pan Spaghetti Recipe
- Easy Red Beans & Rice Recipe
- Apple Pancakes Recipe
- Pasta Primavera with Frozen Vegetables Recipe
- Nacho Bean Dip Recipe
- No Kid Hungry Coronavirus Grant Request - Apply for Emergency Grants to Support Local School Districts & Nonprofit Organizations
- Child Nutrition Program Recommendations for Operations During a Pandemic
- Best Practices for Safe Distribution of Food
- Adagio Health Food Cupboard Suggested Donations
- Donations for Family Shelters in Philadelphia