The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network (PA NEN) invites proposals for their 2020 Annual Conference breakout sessions on April 27-28 at the Radisson Valley Forge located in Valley Forge, PA. This event promises our attendees innovative strategies and new tools to use in the ever-changing world of nutrition and health.
PA NEN's 2020 Annual Conference's Key Themes:
- Addressing the nutritional, physical activity, and obesity prevention needs of vulnerable populations across Pennsylvania
- Inspiring long-lasting, positive behavior change
- Facilitating behavior modification through policy, system, and environmental change.
Types of Presentations:
- Breakout Presentation:
- Sessions are 75 minutes.
- 1-2 speakers are allowed for each presentation.
- If multiple speakers present, each person should share on different subjects with unique points of view.
- Topics should be issue-oriented, provide concrete examples, and contain both practical and theoretical information. Analyses and case studies are included in this category.
- FYI: All speakers may be subject to participating on a panel. PA NEN will select panels, if multiple speaker submissions contain similar subject matter. These presentations include many different viewpoints on a topic or issue in one debate session with a moderator. Panel sessions will last 75 minutes.
Tentative Conference Schedule
- This tentative schedule will provide an idea of conference layout.
Guidelines for Topics:
- Please click here for more details regarding submission guidelines and notification timeline.
- All topics must fall in line with the allowances of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Plan Guidance for FY 2020.
- A brief list of allowable and unallowable topics has been created. Click here to view. Listed page numbers can be used as a reference point to the Plan Guidance for more details.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2019.