The PA Nutrition Education Network (PA NEN) invites proposals for conference workshops and breakout sessions for the 2019 Annual Conference April 29-30 Nemacolin Woodland Resort and Conference Center located in Farmington, PA. The Annual Conference will provide attendees with strategies and tools to use in the ever-changing world of nutrition and health. Submissions are due November 9, 2018.
PA NEN's 2019 Annual Conference will focus on three key themes:
- Addressing the nutrition needs of low income Pennsylvanians
- The process of inspiring long lasting, positive behavior change
- Incorporating physical activity into the lives of those we serve
Types of Proposals Accepted:
- Keynote Sessions
Currently there are openings for Dinner Keynote (4/29), as well as a Breakfast Keynote(4/30). The keynote presentations are an hour in length.
- Breakout Sessions
Are typically 60 or 90 minute presentations. They can be a panel or a single presenter.
- Tentative Conference Schedule
This tentative conference schedule will provide a glance of the conference layout. PA NEN requests that each speaker presents their presentation twice during the conference.
Guidelines for topics:
- All topics must fall in line with the allowability of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Plan Guidance for FY 2019, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program.
- A brief list of allowable and unallowable topics has been created, click here to view. Page numbers are provided on this PDF, which will provide you with a reference point to the Plan Guidance that will provide more details regarding the allowable and unallowable topics.
- Please click here for more details regarding submission guidelines, honorarium/reimbursements, and due dates.