These festive stuffed peppers are packed with some serious flavor!
- Serving Size:1 stuffed pepper
- Recipe Makes: 4 servings
- 4 peppers (larged, washed)
- 1 pound turkey or beef (ground)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled, chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut around the stem of the green peppers. Remove the seeds and the pulpy part of the peppers.
- Wash, and then cook green peppers in boiling water for five minutes. Drain well.
- In sauce pan, brown trukey. Add rice, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and black pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with the mixture, and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the green peppers.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
One Stuffed Green Pepper provides:
- 410 Calories, 9 g. Fats, 2.5 g. Saturated Fats, 105 mg Sodium, 52 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Fiber, 27 g. Protein