Fill your home with the delicious aroma of baked apples when cooking this dish.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Recipe Makes: 6 servings
- 5 sweet potatoes (cooked)
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup margarine (or butter)*
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or the same amount of cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Boil 5 sweet potatoes in water until they are almost tender.
- After the sweet potatoes cool, peel and slice them.
- Peel the apples. Remove the cores, and slice the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease the casserole dish with butter or margarine.
- Put a layer of sweet potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Add a layer of apple slices.
- Add some sugar, salt, and tiny pieces of margarine or butter to the apple layer.
- Repeat steps 6,7, and 8 to make more layers of sweet potatoes, apples, and sugar/salt.
- On the top layer of apples, sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar and magarine or butter pieces.
- Sprinkle the top layer with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Mix the hot water and honey together. Pour the mix over the top layer.
- Bake entire dish for about 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
1/6 of recipe provides:
- 300 calories, 8 g. Fat, 1.5 g. Saturated Fat, 320 mg. Sodium, 60 g. Carbohydrates, 6 g. Fiber, and 2 g. Protein
This recipe may contain milk.
*If you are allergic to margarine or butter try a dairy-free alternative.