- PA NEN Annual Conference
- Eat Together PA
- Nutrition Education Programming in PA
- Keystone Kids Go!
- PA TRACKS
Keystone Kids Go!
Keystone Kids Go! is an initiative in Pennsylvania focused on improving young children’s nutrition and physical activity. The initiative is targeted towards early childhood practitioners from childcare, Head Start, early intervention, family literacy, and pre-kindergarten programs. Keystone Kids Go! is supported and enhanced by the Pennsylvania Departments of Health, Education, and Public Welfare (Office of Child Development and Early Learning) in partnership with:
- Tuscarora Intermediat Unit
- Office of Child Devlopment and Early Learning (OCDEL)
- Penn State Cooperative Extension
- Family Literacy Programs
- Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
- Head Start State Collaboration Office
Keystone Kids Go! has six parts:
(1) Go Colorful! The Go Colorful! component of Keystone Kids Go! is also known as Keystone Color Me Healthy (KCMH). KCMH is based on the original Color Me Healthy program developed in North Carolina. KCMH provides early childhood practitioners with resources and materials to teach preschoolers that healthy eating and movement are fun!
(2) Go Active! Go Active! is a physical activity toolkit created to show early childhood practitioners how to increase instant, integrative, and imaginative movement in their classroom or center. The toolkit also incorporates principles from Head Start’s I Am Moving, I Am Learning initiative. View and print out fun and active newsletters for every month.
(3) Go Learn! is a special section of Keystone Kids Go! made especially to showcase the efforts of dedicated Keystone Kids Go! early childhood practitioners in Pennsylvania. Visit this section to learn about Promising Practices for improving nutrition and physical activity, as well as fun ways other practitioners have made Keystone Kids Go! a part of their centers or classrooms. Click here to learn more about the Cook and Chefs Pilot Project!
(4) Go Healthy! This section of Keystone Kids Go! is also known as Go Healthy! - It all Begins with You, and is designed to show early childhood practitioners how to be the best role models they can be. Look here for healthy tips and information on personal wellness.
(5) Go Families and Parents! Keystone Kids Go! knows how important parents are when it comes to providing healthy food choices and movement opportunities for their children. Visit this section to learn about special projects created to involve parents in kids’ nutrition and activity.
(6) PA NAP SACC is an online continuous quality improvement intervention designed to help child care providers improve the nutrition and physical activity practices within their early child care setting. Learn more here.
I AM Moving, I AM Learning (IMIL) Family Newsletters - The IMIL Family Newsletter are monthly, seasonally-based newsletters that give families ideas on how to get up, move and have fun together. View, download and print the IMIL Family Newsletters.
PA Early Childhood Programming Crosswalk with the national Let’s Move! initiative.
Learn more about the importance of family meals and the Eat Together PA initiative.
Healthy Eating for Preschoolers brochure is available from ChooseMyPlate.gov. Available in both English and Spanish.
Nutrition & Wellness Tips for Young Children: Provider Handbook for the Child and Adult Care Food Program is now available and includes tip sheets and promising practices.
Check out the MyPlate Preschool materials.
Contact Keystone Kids Go!