Nutrition Educators: Making Behavior Change Happen
Kalahari Resorts & Convention, Pocono Manor, PA
April 30 - May 1, 2018
Join PA NEN and PA SNAP-Ed for this groundbreaking, joint conference featuring well-known food and nutrition experts and professionals, who work with low-income populations. We will utilize the proven, highly effective intervention settings (Learn, Eat, Live, Work, Shop, and Play) and explore best-practices to positively impact the behavior change of low income Pennsylvanians.
You will have many opportunities to learn, network, and have fun with your colleagues while you put these concepts into action at the Kalahari Resort.
- He's Back - Jim Painter, PhD, RDN will be the Breakfast Keynote
- New FDA Sugar Labeling - Jim Painter, PhD, RDN & Maggie Schuster, MS, RD, CD, CNSC
- Diversity & PSE - Lupita Fabregas, PhD
- Author of "Good & Cheap" - Leanne Brown (Cooking Demo)
- Hidden Language of Poverty - Chuck Holt, Founder/CEO, The Factory Ministries
- Food Justice - Clancy Cash Harrison, RDN, Healthy Living Lifestyle, LLC
- Super Hero Nutrition for Elementary Aged Children - Kathy Parry, Owner Wellness Roadtrip, LLC
- Closing the Gap between Good Intentions and Healthy Habits - Monica Reinagel, Licensed Nutritionist, Owner, Nutrition Over Easy
Other Topics Include:
- Developing Local Wellness Policy
- Produce Stands in Schools
- Food Insecurity
- PA NAP SACC
Stay tuned - session titles, bios, and videos will be available in January!
- Complete list of speakers coming January 2018
- Registration opens February 2018
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions
250 Kalahari Blvd.
Pocono Manor, PA 18349
Room Rate: $150 (for up to four people, plus tax)
More information will be posted in January 2018
Click here to learn more about the Kalahari Resort!