- PA NEN Annual Conference
- Eat Together PA
- Nutrition Education Programming in PA
- Keystone Kids Go!
- PA TRACKS
PA NEN Annual Conference 2014
Nutrition Educators: Nourishing Future
Generations One Table at a Time
PA NEN 2014 Annual Conference
April 28-29, 2014
Lancaster County Convention Center &
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
25 S. Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
- Sesion 1A - 8 Spots Remaining - Yuca'n Do It!
- Session 2E - FULL - Meet Me at Market
- Session 3B - FULL - Families Eating Well Together
- Session 4B - FULL - Families Eating Well Together
Things to do in Lancaster
Are you looking for some relaxing and fun things to do while you are in Lancaster? Look no further as we have found fun things for you do!
- Monday, April 28th - Shuttle Bus Trip to the Tanger Outlets (Pre-registration is required)
- Don't want to leave the hotel? Get your friends together and book an appointment at the Spa on site at the Marriott
- Looking for some where to unwind and grab a bite to eat nearby...click here!
- Are you staying on after the conference is over...be sure to check out the Lancaster Visitors Guide for things to do!
News Update! Take Advantage of PA NEN's Annual Conference "Register NOW Pay Later Option"
Are you planning on attending PA NEN's Annual Conference on April 28-29 but have not registered yet because you are waiting for the payment to be processed?
No worries! You can register today, and pay later. Just select the 'Bill Me' option when you register online. If you are registering using the printed PDF form, simply write 'Bill Me' in the credit card information area and fax the completed for to 717.635.7478.
About the Conference
Do you work with multigenerational groups, expectant mothers, role models or young children? If so, you are influencing nutritional patterns for upcoming generations and this conference is for you! PA NEN's 2014 Annual Conference will celebrate what nutrition educators have done and are yet to do in making each generation’s table a healthier one. Your sound nutrition practices can be taught and passed on from one generation to the next. To continue building this healthy food legacy, join our must-attend conference to gain knowledge, awareness and tools to craft balanced nutrition education for your clients. Topics to be presented include: improvements in nutrition education through the use of food games, farmers markets, physical activity, interactive cooking demonstrations and so much more!
Be a part of this energizing conference and become even better equipped with tools to create healthy, balanced nutrition education for your clients.
- Inform and update participants about current nutrition issues regarding low income Pennsylvanians.
- Engage participants so they learn about effective nutrition education strategies.
- Increase awareness of factors affecting food access, dietary intake and nutritional status.
Who Should Attend?
Includes but is not limited to: Nutrition Educators, Nutritionists, Dietitians, Health Professionals and Paraprofessionals, Anti-Hunger Advocates, School Food Service Directors, policy makers as well as those concerned with food access issues and the nutritional needs of the low income populations.
Continuing Education Credits
PA NEN has been approved for the following Continuing Education Credits:
- The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences - 7 PDU
- ACT 48 through the Department of Health - 7 credits
- PA Keys to Professional Development (DPW) - 7 credits
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (CDR) - 7 CPEUs for workshop and 1 CPEU for exhibits
The 2014 Call for Abstracts/Local Projects is back for 2014! PA NEN invites you to submit a proposal of original research or a project/program you have implemented that has been a success in your community. Topics that are applicable to the nutrition education efforts in PA regarding the low-income population and other suitable topics will be considered. All accepted abstracts will be invited to share your information, in poster format, with conference attendees in the Resource Area.
Click here to submit an application for review. Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2014. All applications will be reviewed by the Conference Committee members as they are received. You will be notified 15 business days after the due date on the status of your submission. Please contact Rose if you have any questions 717.233.1791 or email@example.com. Please note you must be a member to submit an abstract.
- Online Registration
- Download Brochure
- Download Registration Form
- Become a PA NEN Member - It's FREE
- Hotel Information
- Things to do in Lancaster!
- 2014 Vendor Registration Information
- 2014 Resource Area Vendor List
- Past Conference Brochures
- Future PA NEN Conference Dates
Do you have a question?
Contact PA NEN staff at:
Fax: 717-635 7478
Mail completed registration forms to:
208 N. 3rd Street, Suite 210
Harrisburg, PA 17101