- PA NEN Annual Conference
- Eat Together PA
- Nutrition Education Programming in PA
- Keystone Kids Go!
- PA TRACKS
PA NEN Annual Conference 2014
Nutrition Educators: Nourishing Future
Generations One Table at a Time
PA NEN 2014 Annual Conference
April 28-29, 2014
Lancaster County Convention Center &
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
25 S. Queen Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
- Onsite Conference Schedule
- 2014 Conference is SOLD OUT!
Parking Garage Instructions:
PA NEN will be providing all attendees with a prepaid parking voucher upon on-site registration that can be used at the Penn Square Garage or at the East King Street Garage for self-parking only.
You can either park your car yourself at the Penn Square Garage, which is attached to the hotel, or you can pull into the front of the hotel and have your car valeted. Please note that the prepaid parking voucher you will receive when you register is for self-parking only, not valet.
If you are going to park your car in the garage please use the 38 S. Duke St., the Penn Square Parking Garage, address and not the hotel address when programming your GPS or using MapQuest.
When departing either parking garage, you will need your original ticket followed by the prepaid ticket, in order to exit. Refer to the parking map for a more detailed view of the parking garage options.
The prepaid parking vouchers cannot be used in the meters. They are for the parking garages only.
Penn Square Garage – 38 S. Duke Street, Lancaster, PA Clearance: 6’8”
Overflow Parking: East King Street Garage – 146-52 E King Street, Lancaster, PA Clearance: 8’2”
Click here for Public Transportation information.
The PA NEN room block at the Marriott is sold out. Here are other hotels options:
- Hotel Lancaster 1.866.599.6674
- Cork Factory Hotel 1.800.678.8946
- Eden Resort 717.569.6444
- Willow Valley Doubletree by Hilton 8188.8.131.52
- Other Hotels are listed here
Things to do in Lancaster
Are you looking for some relaxing and fun things to do while you are in Lancaster? Look no further as we have found fun things for you do!
- Shop till you Drop at the Tanger Outlets.
- Don't want to leave the hotel? Get your friends together and book an appointment at the Spa on site at the Marriott
- Looking for some where to unwind and grab a bite to eat nearby...click here!
- Are you staying on after the conference is over...be sure to check out the Lancaster Visitors Guide for things to do!
About the Conference
Do you work with multigenerational groups, expectant mothers, role models or young children? If so, you are influencing nutritional patterns for upcoming generations and this conference is for you! PA NEN's 2014 Annual Conference will celebrate what nutrition educators have done and are yet to do in making each generation’s table a healthier one. Your sound nutrition practices can be taught and passed on from one generation to the next. To continue building this healthy food legacy, join our must-attend conference to gain knowledge, awareness and tools to craft balanced nutrition education for your clients. Topics to be presented include: improvements in nutrition education through the use of food games, farmers markets, physical activity, interactive cooking demonstrations and so much more!
Be a part of this energizing conference and become even better equipped with tools to create healthy, balanced nutrition education for your clients.
- Inform and update participants about current nutrition issues regarding low income Pennsylvanians.
- Engage participants so they learn about effective nutrition education strategies.
- Increase awareness of factors affecting food access, dietary intake and nutritional status.
Who Should Attend?
Includes but is not limited to: Nutrition Educators, Nutritionists, Dietitians, Health Professionals and Paraprofessionals, Anti-Hunger Advocates, School Food Service Directors, policy makers as well as those concerned with food access issues and the nutritional needs of the low income populations.
Continuing Education Credits
PA NEN has been approved for the following Continuing Education Credits:
- The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences - 7 PDU
- ACT 48 through the Department of Health - 7 credits
- PA Keys to Professional Development (DPW) - 7 credits
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (CDR) - 7 CPEUs for workshop and 1 CPEU for exhibits
The 2014 Call for Abstracts/Local Projects is back for 2014! PA NEN invites you to submit a proposal of original research or a project/program you have implemented that has been a success in your community. Topics that are applicable to the nutrition education efforts in PA regarding the low-income population and other suitable topics will be considered. All accepted abstracts will be invited to share your information, in poster format, with conference attendees in the Resource Area.
Click here to submit an application for review. Applications must be submitted by March 1, 2014. All applications will be reviewed by the Conference Committee members as they are received. You will be notified 15 business days after the due date on the status of your submission. Please contact Rose if you have any questions 717.233.1791 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must be a member to submit an abstract.
- Online Registration SOLD OUT
- PDF Registration Form SOLD OUT
- Download Brochure
- Become a PA NEN Member - It's FREE
- Hotel Information
- Things to do in Lancaster!
- 2014 Resource Area Vendor List
- Past Conference Brochures
- Future PA NEN Conference Dates
Do you have a question?
Contact PA NEN staff at:
Fax: 717-635 7478
Mail completed registration forms to:
208 N. 3rd Street, Suite 210
Harrisburg, PA 17101